Friday, 5 July 2013

My favourite artist!

Hello everyone, today I want to talk about one of my favourites painters, his name is Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio. He was an Italian artist, her style of painting it is called Baroque, and this style used exaggerated motion and clear, easily interpreted detail to produce drama, tension, exuberance, it is from XVI century.
I choose him, because, to me, his paintings are very beautiful and the same time they are very dramatics, maybe the last characteristic is because the utilization of the light and the colors that are present in all his paintings.

I really love one of his paintings; this is Narcissus, painted circa 1597–1599. It is housed in the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Antica in Rome. The name of the painting and the history of this, it is for the myth of a handsome youth who falls in love with his own reflection, in rapt contemplation, unable to move away from its image he throwing over the waters. At the site where his body had fallen, grew a beautiful flower that did honor to the name and memory of Narcissus.

Here I put the picture of the painting, I hope you like it! 

3 comments:

  1. I love this painted....... his paintings are really beautiful <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caravaggio, the king of drama. I did not think this was your favorite painting, my favorite is "Judith beheading Holofernes" maybe it's the most dramatic or not?

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! The great Caravaggio. Cata I'm totally agree with you, this painting is beautiful, one of my favourite, I love it.

    ReplyDelete