Thursday, 6 June 2013

Blog correction!

Hello all again! I have been absent for a while, because I didn't have classes in this last month. So now in this new blog, I have to correct the last post of my classmateThiare Leon.
Here it is:

Hello, my followers!
Today I’m going to talk about movies, this is a (an) awesome subject because allow to talk about many others things, is very wide.
Well, in these last months I have been considered (as) my favorite movie “Tesis”. This is the first movie of the Spanish director Alejandro Amenabar. The director of others movies like “The Others”, “Abre los ojos”, and many others; but I preferred “Tesis”, obviously the coolest movie ever!
Is the best (movie) because it talks about very interesting topics like violence in the media and the cinema industry. But more important, (this is) the coolest movie ever because it have the best character:  Chema (Fele Martinez). He is a very funny, ironic and irreverent character.
The movie was released int 1996 and was starred by Ana Torrent, Fele Martinez and Eduardo Noriega. The movie is about a young woman call Angela that is making her thesis about the audiovisual violence. But the professor that was helping her died suddenly by a heart attack while he was watching a movie. The movie was a snuff-movie that Angela found and keep it.
Snuff movies are grotesque and crude real movies in which torture and kill people in order to satisfy the desire that produces the violence. Is like a pornographic movie but in which the desire is the crudeness of the violence. The snuff movies are part of a huge black market that remains underground and developing.
When Angela discover this movie is presented to her a new and dangerous world in which she can be the next star of (on) a snuff movie. “Tesis” is a thriller movie in which the mistery is always present.
Here is the trailer:

This (is) a part of the movie that I like alot (a lot), is a story that Chema tells to Angela:


But also the movie related the media violence with the cinema as a consumer product. The phrase: “give the public what they want” is very interesting for this analysis. Create movies that are submitted to economics factors like, in the case of the snuff-movies, in order to compite (compete) with the northeamerican (American) cinema industry. But hre (here) is when the moral question emerges: Can we violate the rights of people in order to fulfill the desire of a market?

Until next post, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment